The PPA is delighted to welcome The Jockey Club back as the sponsor of the Mares Maiden Series, including the Champion Novice Mare Award. The Champion Novice Mare Award will be presented at the National Awards Dinner in 2019.
Points will be awarded as follows:
|Maiden Race||1st - 4pts||2nd - 2pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Restricted Race||1st - 5pts||2nd - 3pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Any other Point-to-Point||1st - 6pts||2nd - 4pts||3rd - 2pts|
|Hunter Chase||1st - 10pts||2nd - 6pts||3rd - 4pts|
THE JOCKEY CLUB BONUS
In addition to the above award, the Mares Maiden Series winner is eligible for The Jockey Club's prize money bonus as follows:
- The total prize money won by the connections of the Mares Maiden Series winner on her first run at any of The Jockey Club's racecourses*, subsequent to winning the award, will be mirrored by a 'Bonus payment' for the same amount paid direct by Jockey Club Racecourses to the Owners, up to a maximum of £10,000.
- The Jockey Club bonus applies only to the mare's first run at one of The Jockey Club's racecourses subsequent to winning the award and does not apply to any future runs.
- The double prize money bonus will be paid on all prize money, not just for a win.
- Further distribution of the bonus payment is at owner's discretion (i.e. Trainer/Jockey share).
- There is a three year limit on the bonus potential, defined as three years from the date of the last qualifying race in the relevant Mares Maiden Series.
- In the event of joint winners of the Mares Maiden Series, the available bonus will be split equally amongst the winning horses.
- To activate the bonus, the connections of the Mares Maiden Series winner should contact Richard Norris on 020 7611 1800 before their first run at a Jockey Club Racecourses track.
Mares will be credited with points once they have been placed first, second or third in one of the qualifying races listed below:
|WBC||North Hereford Hunt||Eaton Hall||24 November 2018|
|WW||Carmarthenshire||Ffos Las||09 December 2018|
|SM||Barbury International||Barbury||16 December 2018|
|D&C||Tiverton Foxhounds||Chipley Park||27 January 2019|
|MID||Brocklesby Hunt||Brocklesby Park||16 February 2019|
|D&C||South Pool Harriers||Buckfastleigh||17 February 2019|
|SWM||Ross Harriers||Monmouth Show Gr.||24 February 2019|
|W||Quantock Hunt||Cothelstone||16 March 2019|
|N||Duke of Buccleuch's||Friars Haugh||17 March 2019|
|W||New Forest Hounds||Larkhill||17 March 2019|
|WBC||Teme Valley & United||Brampton Bryan||24 March 2019|
|D&C||Lamerton||Kilworthy||24 March 2019|
|SAND||Tedworth Hunt||Barbury||07 April 2019|
|WBC||North Ledbury||Hereford Racecourse||07 April 2019|
|SM||Bicester with W Ch||Edgcote||14 April 2019|
|WM||Knightwick Races||Knightwick||28 April 2019|
|MID||Fernie||Dingley||05 May 2019|
|D&C||Stevenstone Foxhounds||Vauterhill||06 May 2019|
|D&C||Four Burrow||Trebudannon||12 May 2019|
|WBC||Golden Valley||Bredwardine||18 May 2019|
|WM||Albrighton & Woodland (South)||Chaddesley Corbett||27 May 2019|
*Governed by Royal Charter, The Jockey Club is the largest commercial group in British horseracing, reinvesting every penny of its profit back into the sport. It runs 15 racecourses nationwide: Aintree, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Epsom Downs, Exeter, Haydock Park, Huntingdon, Kempton Park, Market Rasen, Newmarket (Rowley Mile and July Course), Nottingham, Sandown Park, Warwick and Wincanton
For the 2018/19 Point-to-Point season, the Jockey Club have generously partnered with the Arena Racing Company (ARC) to provide sponsorship of the Point-To-Point Racing Company Video Initiative.
The initiative is endeavoring to provide nationwide coverage of all Point-to-Point fixtures, with the footage being made available to view on the website (pointtopoint.co.uk).
The initiative is proving to be extremely successful with almost 100% of the fixtures that have taken place this season working with us to provide footage.