The Jockey Club Mares' Maiden Series
For the tenth successive season, the PPA is delighted to welcome The Jockey Club back as sponsor of the 18-race Mares' Maiden Series, including the Champion Novice Mare Award. The Champion Novice Mare Award will be presented at the National Awards Dinner in 2021.
Also in 2020/21, The Jockey Club will once again join up with Retraining of Racehorses (RoR) to sponsor 15 veteran horse races. Click here for more on that series.
Points will be awarded as follows:
|Maiden Race||1st - 4pts||2nd - 2pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Restricted Race||1st - 5pts||2nd - 3pts||3rd - 1pt|
|Any other Point-to-Point||1st - 6pts||2nd - 4pts||3rd - 2pts|
|Hunter Chase||1st - 10pts||2nd - 6pts||3rd - 4pts|
Mares will be credited with points once they have been placed first, second or third in one of the qualifying races listed below:
|WW||Carmarthenshire (POSTPONED)||Ffos Las||06 December 2020|
|SM||Barbury International||Barbury||13 December 2020|
|D&C||Tiverton Foxhounds||Chipley Park||24 January 2021|
|D&C||South Pool Harriers||Buckfastleigh||14 February 2021|
|SW||Ross Harriers (CANCELLED)||Monmouth Show Gr.||28 February 2021|
|W||Quantock Hunt||Cothelstone||13 March 2021|
|SW||Brecon & Talybont||Llanfrynach||14 March 2021|
|N||Duke of Buccleuch's||Friars Haugh||20 March 2021|
|D&C||Lamerton||Kilworthy||21 March 2021|
|WBC||United Pack||Brampton Bryan||21 March 2021|
|MID||Woodland Pytchley||Dingley||03 April 2021|
|SAND||Tedworth Hunt||Barbury||11 April 2021|
|SM||Bicester with Whaddon Chase||Edgcote||18 April 2021|
|D&C||Four Burrow||Trebudannon||24 April 2021|
|WM||Knightwick Races||Knightwick||25 April 2021|
|D&C||Stevenstone Foxhounds||Vauterhill||03 May 2021|
|WBC||Golden Valley||Bredwardine||22 May 2021|
|WM||Albrighton & Woodland (South)||Chaddesley Corbett||31 May 2021|
THE JOCKEY CLUB BONUS
In addition to the above award, the Mares' Maiden Series winner is eligible for The Jockey Club's prize money bonus as follows:
- The total prize money won by the connections of the Mares Maiden Series winner on her first run at any of The Jockey Club's racecourses*, subsequent to winning the award, will be mirrored by a 'Bonus payment' for the same amount paid direct by Jockey Club Racecourses to the Owners, up to a maximum of £10,000.
- The Jockey Club bonus applies only to the mare's first run at one of The Jockey Club's racecourses subsequent to winning the award and does not apply to any future runs.
- The double prize money bonus will be paid on all prize money, not just for a win.
- Further distribution of the bonus payment is at owner's discretion (i.e. Trainer/Jockey share).
- There is a three year limit on the bonus potential, defined as three years from the date of the last qualifying race in the relevant Mares Maiden Series.
- In the event of joint winners of the Mares Maiden Series, the available bonus will be split equally amongst the winning horses.
- To activate the bonus, the connections of the Mares Maiden Series winner should contact Richard Norris on 020 7611 1800 before their first run at a Jockey Club Racecourses track.
*Governed by Royal Charter, The Jockey Club is the largest commercial group in British horseracing, reinvesting every penny of its profit back into the sport. It runs 15 racecourses nationwide: Aintree, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Epsom Downs, Exeter, Haydock Park, Huntingdon, Kempton Park, Market Rasen, Newmarket (Rowley Mile and July Course), Nottingham, Sandown Park, Warwick and Wincanton.
For further information on The Jockey Club, please click here: www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/