The Jockey Club Mares' Maiden Series
The PPA is excited to announce a revamped The Jockey Club Mares’ Maiden Series this season, which for the first time includes a Series Final.
There will be a series of 16 qualifying races, and the first four finishers will qualify for the final at the Berkeley fixture (held at Woodford) on Saturday, April 23. In addition, the winner (filly or mare) of any other maiden point-to-point race prior to the final will be eligible.
The series races will be held at the following fixtures:
|WW||Carmarthenshire||Ffos Las||21 November 2021|
|SM||Barbury International||Barbury||12 December 2021|
|D&C||Tiverton Foxhounds||Chipley Park||23 January 2022|
|D&C||South Pool Harriers||Buckfastleigh||13 February 2022|
|MID||Brocklesby Hunt||Brocklesby Park||05 March 2022|
|W||Quantock||Cothelstone||12 March 2022|
|SW||Llanfrynach Races||Llanfrynach||13 March 2022|
|N||Duke of Buccleuch's||Friars Haugh||20 March 2022|
|D&C||Lamerton||Kilworthy||20 March 2022|
|WBC||United Pack||Brampton Bryan||20 March 2022|
|D&C||Four Burrow||Trebudannon||27 March 2022|
|SM||Bicester with Whaddon Chase||Edgcote||03 April 2022|
|SAND||Tedworth Hunt||Barbury||10 April 2022|
|MID||Pytchley with Woodland||Dingley||16 April 2022|
|WW||Cresselly||Lydstep||18 April 2022|
|NW||North Shropshire||Eyton-on-Severn||18 April 2022|
|WM||Berkeley (SERIES FINAL)||Woodford||23 April 2022|
|(Non series races)|
|D&C||Stevenstone Foxhounds||Vauterhill||02 May 2022|
|WBC||Golden Valley||Bredwardine||21 May 2022|
|WM||Albrighton & Woodland (South)||Chaddesley Corbett||02 June 2022|
The Jockey Club Bonus
The Jockey Club has kindly agreed to the continuation of their bonus scheme associated with the Mares’ Maiden Series, with some important changes. The first three finishers in The Jockey Club Mares’ Maiden Series Final at Woodford in May 2022 will be eligible for a prize money bonus at any of The Jockey Club’s racecourses*, as follows:
- A maximum of £10,000 bonus payment to owners to mirror the total prize money won by the connections of the Mares’ Maiden Series winner on her first, second or third run at any of The Jockey Club’s racecourses.
- A maximum of £5,000 bonus payment(s) to owners to mirror the total prize money won by the connections of each of the horses that finish second and third in the Mares Maiden Series Final on their first, second or third run at any of The Jockey Club’s racecourses.
- The double prize money bonus will be paid on all prize money, not just for a win.
- Further distribution of the bonus payment is at owner’s discretion (i.e. Trainer/Jockey share)
- To activate the bonus, the connections of the respective mare(s) should contact Richard Norris via 020 7611 1800 before competing at a Jockey Club Racecourse track.
*Governed by Royal Charter, The Jockey Club is the largest commercial group in British horseracing, reinvesting every penny of its profit back into the sport. It runs 15 racecourses nationwide: Aintree, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Epsom Downs, Exeter, Haydock Park, Huntingdon, Kempton Park, Market Rasen, Newmarket (Rowley Mile and July Course), Nottingham, Sandown Park, Warwick and Wincanton.
For further information on The Jockey Club, please click here: www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/