BRITISH HORSERACING AUTHORITY (BHA)
It is the British Horseracing Authority’s role to ensure the continued health and successful development of the sport. As both the governing and regulatory body it is the British Horseracing Authority’s responsibility to:
- provide the most compelling and attractive racing in the world;
- be seen as the world leader in raceday regulation;
- ensure the highest standards for the sport and participants, on and away from the racecourse;
- promote the best for the racehorse; and,
- represent and promote the sport and the industry.
As the governing and regulatory body for the sport, the British Horseracing Authority’s responsibilities are wide-ranging.
e email@example.com t 0207 152 0000 f 0207 152 0089 (General enquiries)
BHA POINT-TO-POINT DEPARTMENT
Point-to-Pointing is run under the sanction and regulations of the British Horseracing Authority, while each Meeting is run at a local level by a Hunt or recognised Point-to-Point Club.
The British Horseracing Authority delegates governance of Point-to-Point racing to the Point-to-Point Authority, however retains all regulatory powers and decision making for the sport.
The BHA Point-to-Point department, run by Lucy Price, is the point of contact for enquiries related to:
- Point-to-Point Regulations/Instructions and Policy
- Horse and rider eligibility queries / disputes
- Inspection of courses
- Riders’ Medical Qualifications
- Veterinary - Dope Testing and Vaccination Checks
- Stewards Enquiries, Disciplinary matters and Appeals
- Arbitration of Entries
POINT-TO-POINT SECRETARIES ASSOCIATION (PPSA)
The Point-to-Point Secretaries Association (PPSA), as its name would suggest, brings together the Secretaries of each Point-to-Point Meeting under the direction of an Area Secretary, and represents them in dealing with the other organisations involved with the sport.
The UK is divided into 14 Point-to-Point Areas which are represented within the PPSA. Contact details for each Area Secretary are below. Each Area employs its own Public Relations Officer, who is responsible for promoting the sport in their respective Area.
Midlands, Anna Saunders - e firstname.lastname@example.org t 07779 145512
North Western, Nick Bostock - e email@example.com t 01630 656461
Sandhurst, Steven Astaire - e firstname.lastname@example.org t 07785 112620
South Wales & Monmouthshire, Liz Egerton - e email@example.com t 07809 502690
Welsh Borders, Liz Morgans- e firstname.lastname@example.org t 07812852992
West Wales, Beverley Thomas - e email@example.com t 01437 767919